A financial professional with a passion for serving individuals, businesses and their trusted advisors. Nearly two decades of experience as a consultant assisting clients with transactions, investing and valuation expertise built on a foundation as a certified public accountant (CPA) and accredited senior appraiser as a business valuation professional. He has an established track record of discipline and accountability applied in the financial services and business advisory industry. Unique accounting, economic and finance background focused toward analyzing and solving issues of business value with significant experience in tax, litigation and, transaction-related environments.
Mr. Farrell has been involved with hundreds of tax, valuation and litigation support engagements in a diverse range of industries on both a national and international level. He enjoys assisting business owners and their advisors navigate value issues related to M&A negotiations, due diligence, buy-sell agreements, gift, and estate planning and litigation support for business and marital dissolutions. He has amassed significant experience in the energy, professional sports, retail and professional services industries. Notable projects have included many NFL, NHL, NBA, MLB, MiLB, and MLS teams, as well as, many publicly traded exploration and production entities and quick-service restaurant brands.
In addition, he has experience in valuing a wide variety of intangible assets valuations, lost profits analyses, economic damage studies, forensic accounting procedures, and buy-side due diligence. These engagements have been conducted for the purposes of mergers and acquisitions, buyouts, financial reporting, estate and gift taxes, allocation of purchase price, litigation support, shareholder dissent, buy-sell agreements, dissolutions, financing, and business planning.
- Certified Public Accountant (Texas – CPA)
- Accredited Senior Appraiser (American Society of Appraisers – ASA)
- Accredited in Business Valuation (AICPA -ABV)
- Certified in Financial Forensics (AICPA – CFF)
- The American Society of Appraisers (ASA)
- The American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- The Texas Society of Certified Public Accountants (Dallas Chapter)
- The Society of Financial Service Professionals
- University of Texas, Dallas, Texas (post-graduate studies in financial, regulatory, and managerial accounting)
- Southern Methodist University, Dallas, Texas (B.S. Economics with Financial Applications)